Microsoft Outlook is packed with eye-catching features that make emailing faster and easier. However, many MS Outlook users have reported different types of problems while using the application. If you’re facing difficulties accessing the personal data files or PST files, you need to determine whether the MS Outlook repair tools can help you or not. If not, your only solution is to use third-party tools.
Even though the MS Outlook inbox repair tool is extremely effective at repairing the corrupted PST files, there are times when this method won’t help you. We will discuss every solution so that you can effectively fix the corrupted PST files.
What is the MS Outlook Inbox Repair Tool?
Despite your MS Outlook profile, the application always stores your data in two formats: OST or offline storage table and PST or personal storage table. One of the most common drawbacks of these two is that they are prone to crashes and corruption. If the PST or OST data files are corrupted, you might end up losing important data.
Therefore, you need to safeguard the PST files and prevent actions that are capable of damaging the data files. Even if the data files are corrupted, you can use Inbox Repair Tool which will help you recover contacts, messages, attachments, and other essential files.
How Can You Use the Inbox Repair Tool?
While hardware issues are not the primary causes of the PST and OST data file corruption, you will undoubtedly suffer from software-related issues, which will make you use the Inbox Repair Tool. However, keep in mind that searching the location of the PST repairing tool is not an easy task. The location of the inbox repair tool is different for different Outlook versions.
If you receive an error ‘Outlook data file cannot be opened” or any other signs that will let you know of the corrupt outlook and PST files, you need to take proper steps to repair them.
Change the Delivery Location of the Mails
Before you start using the MS Outlook inbox repair tool, you need to consider implementing this process. You need to create a new data file and instruct MS Outlook to use that specific data file as the location of your emails. As per Super User, you can search for contents of an email. This way you will be able to create an Outlook data file through which you can solve the problem “Outlook data file cannot be opened”. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Launch the MS Outlook application.
- Choose the File that is located in the upper left corner.
- Click on Info, and then click on Account Settings.
- From there, you can add the new data file. Just click on Data Files and Choose the option Add.
- This way MS Outlook will save the file.
MS Outlook application will store your messages in the previous data files too. Therefore, make sure you set the new data files are the default option so that MS Outlook can store the mail items automatically on this new data file.
Use MS Outlook Inbox Repair Tool
While your mailbox and the PST files are corrupted, you need to use the MS Outlook inbox repair tool so you can recover your essential data. Failing to do so will damage the PST files and MS Outlook permanently.
However, remember that the MS Outlook inbox repair tool generally scans and repairs the corrupted PST data files; you should not rely too much on the application. They might get frozen and stop working for various causes.
The MS Outlook recovery tool is also known as the PST file repair tool. The MS Outlook inbox repair tool will not only fix the corrupted PST data files but also help you recover the embedded photos, attachments, and other email messages. Here are some steps you need to follow.
- Install and launch the MS Outlook inbox repair tool.
- Choose the corrupted PST file you want to fix and then choose the Open option. Make sure you don’t select multiple PST data files at once.
- If you don’t know the exact location of the PST data files, you need to select the Search for PST or OST files option from where you can search the PST data files. After that, press the option Next.
- After that, you need to specify whether you want the MS Outlook Inbox Repair tool to recover the damaged PST data files or change the overall files into a new type.
- The system will as you a question “Do you want to start recovery?” When you click Yes, the PST files recovery process will start. Make sure you have patience as the inbox repair tool will take some time to complete the scan thoroughly. After that, the files that have been recovered from the damaged PST files will be displayed on your screen.
- Choose the location where you need to save the recovered data files.
These are the steps you need to follow to fix the corrupted PST data files. Make sure you visit us if you need any assistance.